Asia Pacific Week 2017
June 25-30, 2017, The Australian National University
ANU’s Asia Pacific Week brings leading experts on the Asia Pacific region together with 100 of the world’s top students to engage in a series of dynamic discussions and events focused on examining those factors that have impacted and will continue to influence Asia’s remarkable rise and economic development in the 21st Century. Asia Pacific Week 2016 will be held June 25-30, 2017 on the ANU campus.
From lectures by ANU faculty largely regarded as among the world’s leading experts on Asia and the Pacific to exercises and panel discussions that enable participants to gain a greater understanding of the realities of policy making in an imperfect world, Asia Pacific Week delegates have the opportunity to learn from and interact with a broad cross-section of academics, Australian political leaders, and journalists. Interested students are encouraged to apply as panelists for a variety conference sessions as discussants during the week although such is by no means required to attend as a delegate.
The Pan Asia Institute is once again delighted to offer up to four travel grants to IU students selected for participation. Grants will cover airfare, accommodations, meals, and insurance expenses. See below for application details.
Applications Due: April 15, 2017
Students in any discipline are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Undergraduates must have completed at least 75 credit hours at the time of application while graduate students must be enrolled in at least the second semester of their program. To apply:
- Submit an online application to the Asia Pacific Week organizing committee.
- To be considered for a PAI travel grant, students must also submit a separate application to the PAI. See below for application details.
Decisions regarding delegates rest solely with the Organizing Committee. Travel grant assistance decisions rest with the PAI.
The Pan Asia Institute will fund up to four IU students to participate in Asia Pacific Week 2015. Airfare, accommodations, insurance, and meals will be provided. To apply:
- Submit the online APW application to ANU.
- Submit the separate travel grant application to the PAI.
- Provide an unofficial copy of your IU transcript from One.IU.
- Submit one letter of recommendation.
- Include copies of the short question responses as well as the required essay and optional panel statements.