Comprising one third of the earth’s land mass and two-thirds of the world’s population, Asia is a vast, incredibly rich, and infinitely diverse region. From Turkey in the west to Polynesia in the east, the region provides an amazing array of opportunities to explore a variety of academic disciplines.
Established in September 2009 and combining the strengths of two world-renowned, research universities – and The Australian National University and Indiana University – the ANU-IU Pan Asia Institute fosters scholarly endeavors, exchanges, academic programs, and collaboration on a broad range of issues related to Asia. To these ends, the Institute:
- Develops and administers undergraduate and graduate exchange programs.
- Coordinates the exchange of distinguished faculty, visiting scholars, and administrators.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-institutional collaborative research and coordinates related symposia, workshops, and conferences.
- Develops course work which capitalizes on the strengths and supplements the offerings of each institution in the field of pan-Asian studies.
- Works toward the establishment of shared undergraduate and graduate minors and majors.
We invite you to explore the wealth of opportunities available at both ANU and IU for the study of Asia and look forward to working with faculty, students, and staff at both universities and beyond to expand and support the scholarship of the pan-Asian region.